If you want to make a memorable impression on someone special then try one of these top restaurants as recommended in the Good Food Guide.
The UK has many fantastic restaurants, and the Good Food Guide has chosen ten of the finest for Mother’s Day meals.
- Cellar, in Anstruther, Scotland is truly a delight for those who adore seafood. It features a lovely series of dining rooms, with open fires.
- Clos Maggiore is an intimate getaway in the heart of London with its exotic, plant-filled conservatory.
- The Waterside Inn in Bray, Berkshire provides a scenic riverside setting.
- The Bluebell in Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire has a unique décor that blends trendy modern designs with ancient features with a menu that appeals to practically everyone.
- The Modern in Manchester, which is perched atop the museum of urban life, Urbis, boasts some of the city’s finest cocktails and a fantastic menu.
- Samuels at Swinton Park in Masham, Yorkshire offers a fine dining experience set in a spectacular country manor.
- Sir Charles Naper of Chinnor, Oxfordshire has a certain eccentric charm with its unusual array of surreal objets d’art.
- The Willow Tree is one of Taunton, Somerset’s best kept secrets. Its tranquil waterside location is a positively lovely spot to dine.
- Equilibrium at Fawsley Hall in Nottinghamshire features an intimate dining room in what was once the original Tudor kitchen.
- Pearl of London is an old banking hall that is adorned with pearls against a soft backdrop of creams and pinks; a perfectly elegant setting for a Mother’s Day meal.
According to Elizabeth Carter, The Good Food Guide’s Consultant Editor,residents of the UK are particularly fortunate to have some of the world’s most unique restaurant settings right in their own neighbourhoods, which gives them a perfect opportunity to make Mother’s Day or any other day a memorable event. It is wise to book early on special occasions to ensure a table in the restaurant of your choice.
People who enjoy good food can now use the Good Food Guide’s new iPhone app to find the best restaurants in their local area, anywhere in the UK.