247Spares.co.uk is this a scam?

icelolly

Jun 30, 2012
Hi, is this company a rip-off. Went into the above site to look for a spare part and entered the details. Received an email the next day saying the part had been located. Called the number which looked like a mobile number as it began with 07 and after a few minutes was told there had been a mistake and the part was not suitable for my vehicle.
Just checked my mobile phone account and for a 3 minute call have been charged nearly £3. No mention in the email that this was a personal number and that the call charges would be higher than normal.
This company sounds very suspicious. Avoid.

Bluebirdfinch

Feb 5, 2015
It is now February 2015 and they are still in business-ripping people off.
I am registered with them - by phone and e-mail. They misread my request and have therefore sent me a ridiculous quote by e-mail for the wrong part (windscreen-when I specifically requested a windscreen -wiper) - I notice that they don't have an unsubscribe button/link on their website. I have been phoned but luckily read their Ts and Cs after I had registered and now I must try and get my intellectual property deleted from the site. I have had to put the phone down and not accept the quote by pressing end-call on them. Has anyone had any more experience from them in 2015.

It is a very cunning website. I noticed (too late) after I had read their terms and conditions that there is a better website out there- which one can tell is genuine because it requested ID and is a definite branded supplier.

So..good luck to me in getting my information deleted - Should I be able to do that under the data protection act? And beware of them because they are still around.

Con Victim

Feb 22, 2016
Be extremely careful about using 247spares.co.uk for submitting requests for reconditioned / replacement engines. Customers are reporting in various forums that they have been contacted by scammers after doing this. Never send payment in advance by bank transfer and always insist on paying by credit card.

Mimoun Chergui

Jan 17, 2022
Once you make a Car Part enquiry with this company (247 Spares), they will send you a text message saying: "Text the word PARTS now to 87121 to activate TextaQuote Service." If you then text back the word PARTS back to this number you will be charged £1.60 by your ntwork carrier. This is pure scam because you should automatically get a free quote for the part you've just enquired about.