A scam

ladyinbluejeans

Jul 30, 2013
Hello there, hope you can help... I have a problem with a company called Liposlim; they are charging me almost £80 a month for a product I have never ordered. Back in April I accepted to pay for a free trial of slimming pills, just £2.50 of P&P; since then they have charged my credit card and, although I have cancelled the order repetedly they are still taking my money. I have asked my bank not to pay them anymore, they agreed to do that however this is not happening and I have lost £319.00 in total.
I have never received the goods (apart from the trial) as I sent back the only shipment in June.
I have contacted the company by phone and at first they seem to comply agreeing to refund me-later on I discovered they charged me again!
Another time the agent pretended not to hear me or that the telephone line was faulty-and again a new charge!
Can you please advice...I feel so despondent!

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Not sure if this works with multiple payments or only with a single payment over £100 but got to be worth a try, tell your credit company you wish to claim back the payments under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act which makes the credit card company equally responsible for the purchase. As I said there is a £100 minimum value and not absolutely sure that payments totalling over £100 qualify.

ladyinbluejeans

Jul 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your answer. I have checked the S 75 of the Consumer Credit Act and in fact is not clear if the amount repaid by the bank should be cumulative.
Where can I find out about this? Maybe CAB?
Many thanks again!

ladyinbluejeans

Jul 30, 2013
I will do that, thank you for the information.

In the meantime my bank agreed to pay me back the last two transactions- two out of four- ( manual chargeback), but they said this is temporary because they need to wait 45 days for the company to reply, as by law.

I am not sure what is best for me; would you advice me to proceed and claim the whole amount if the section 75 of the CCA is applicable to my case?

ladyinbluejeans

Jul 30, 2013
Wanted just to say that I have contacted the Financial Ombudsman service and made a formal complait with them against my bank.
I have also called the Action Fraud to report my case.
I feel much better after taking these actions and want to thank you once more for the very valuable advice.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Good work, please let us know how you go on as it will help us advise others in a similar position, the FOS can take a while to respond but hopefully you'll get the right result.

ladyinbluejeans

Jul 30, 2013
I have been called by the bank today and they will refund me all the four transactions!! This is more I had hoped for and of course I am very happy with the result.The Financial Ombudsaman was very quick and efficient apparentely! Thank you so much for your help and best luck to everyone who has a similar case :))

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Great news, thank you very much for the update, really positive result :D

Hopefully that will help others in a similar position, or stop them getting in that position in the first place!

ourcrewcat

Sep 29, 2013
I ordered the free trial of Raspberry Ketone £4.95 on the 31/07/2013 on the 16/08/2013 they took £95.00 from my account. I called the number provide on my back statement then on the 24/08/2013and told them I wanted sent the pills back as I have not opened them and requested a refund. They told me I have passed my 14 days trial. I called the second day and told them that they have got it advertised as 30 days money back guarantee and that I have prove of it. They refunded £30.00 back into my account and sent an Email to say that they have cancel further supplies and will not be charged further payments.

I called Halifax they refused to do anything. I wrote a complaint letter to Halifax as I had told them to stop the payment as I will be returning the good back. They told me as the agreement says that I should cancel the order within the 14 days and I did not cancel I have to pay them. I called Halifax and told them that I do not agree with them and I will be taking the matter further as other banks have stop payments for their clients as they are aware that this is a scam. Two weeks later I had a call from Halifax and said that they will be putting the rest of the money back into my account.

I hope this will help others.