Advertising

catroberts

Oct 18, 2012
Hi there, wondering if anyone can advise me on the below:
I am self employed and have used Yell for the last 10 years to advertise my business for me. 90% of my custom comes from this advertising. I pay £515 per month for Yellow pages book and Yell.com. for the last 6 months i have hardly had any business which usually thrives. In Oct last year a customer contacted me via email after getting my contact details from a friend of theirs. they advised me that the contact details that Yell hold for me are incorrect on the website. The number on Yell is a call counter GEO for Yell. i contacted Yell about this and they said that i could have been disconnected for up to 6 months and are not prepared to refund me or offer any compensation regarding this even though i have still been paying them for a service that they clearly have not provided. My business is suffering greatly to the point that i may have to close.
can you please advise what i can do ?

thanks
cat

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
This is a B2B agreement so slightly out of the scope of consumer problems we usually cover but clearly a breach of contract, you paid them for a service they failed to provide.

We have had at least one similar complaint previously, I'll see if I can find it and if we ever had a report of a resolution.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I agree Nerijus, not sure how relevant Yellow Pages is these days, esp if you are targetting the younger generations. Mine gets recycled as soon as I get it. I tend to do a search rather than going to Yell.com. Also search advertising with the likes of Adwords and Bing search gives you targetted ads and you only pay if you get visitors to your site, so less risky. I think Google have pay per call now, but I don't know much about that.