Advice required re: Tent

clarzier

Sep 12, 2012
We purchased a brand new tent last year and on our 1st trip the tent leaked. As soon as we were back off holiday we took the tent back to the store who had it assessed my the manufacturer who confirmed a manufacturing fault and we had a replacement tent.

We went out again at Whitsun with the tent and the replacement tent had exactly the same fault at the same place as the original tent. Due to this we had to cut short our holiday by 3 days.

The tent went back to the store again and the whole process of being sent to the manufacturer and assessed and yet again they confirmed a manufacturing fault. We were given another tent. This was July 2012.

As we were due to go on holiday (we were going to be away in the tent for the whole of 6 weeks) we saw that the forecast was going to be bad again. We did not want to risk getting wet again with the tent so we had to change our holiday plans. After being on holiday we have come to the conclusion that we shouldnt have to plan our holiday around whether the tent will or wont leak in and really we are very concerned about whether it will leak or not. Also we do not want to keep taking the tent backwards and forwards to the store.

What are my rights? Would I be able to take tent back and ask for gift vouchers as a replacement to enable me to buy something else from the store.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Have you tried the new tent and foun it to have the same fault or have you just assumed it will?

As the manufacturer have confirmed this tent had a fault from new you would be able to receive a refund or replacement but only if the new tent has the same fault, the supplier oes not have to take it back if it has no fault and you have just changed your mind about keeping it