Argos catalogue photos not matching item delivered

pebble78

Apr 17, 2012
Hello
I have just taken delivery of a bike that i had ordered instore at Argos over the weekend. The bike in the catalogue is white/pale pink, there is no mention anywhere that the bike in the photo is not the same colour as the one you will receive, in fact it doesnt even mention a colour in the book and so you assume that it would match the photo. When ordering there was also no mention that it wouldnt be a white/pink bike but on opening the box i have discovered that the bike is actually bright purple with a tiny bit of pink. I checked online and in the description on there it states purple but again the photo of the bike is the white/pink one and it doesnt point out that this is the wrong image therefore it would be assumed that the colour in the description is wrong as has been known to happen with Argos before. This bike was supposed to be a birthday present that had been chosen specifically for the way it looked. I have just emailed Argos to complain but i was wondering what the rules where on items sold via catalogues and if they must point out if a photo does not show the actual item you will receive.