Brirish Gas - Advice Needed

metro

Aug 10, 2012
Hello

I have a Homecare agreement for my elderly father who lives on his own. In March British Gas done an inspection on his boiler and stated that carbon monoxide reading was a bit high. But their Carbon Monoxide detector never sounded at all. The result was that, they told him he needs to change his boiler as parts not available anymore. They came and gave him a quote from British gas of approx £4000. I called up the sales person to say that we do not want a full combi boiler and we would just like a like to like boiler. He ignored my emails, texts and calls. As I was not prepared to pay £4000 for a full combi he just totally ignored me. I called National grid on the same day as emergency to come and check boiler and they said the boiler is absolutely fine, no carbon monoxide issue and now need to change and also if anything goes wrong there are still parts available. Immediately after this I called up British gas Homecare again and arranged another inspection and they even confirmed nothing is wrong with the boiler and if anything goes wrong there are still parts available. Anyway, this has been going on since March and I have been dealing with the main HQ customer manager. I got the usual lines, we apologise and we will speak to the members of staff regarding the matter and will improve our service etc. They have offered me 2 Months refund of Homecare payments, i.e. £80. They say if I’m not happy with this to let them know my expectations for a resolution.

Where do I go from here?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Than you

M

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
You don't make it clear whether you have any losses or costs in relation to this matter. Although I agree this has been unsettling and worrying, you would really only be entitled to any costs involved.

metro

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks. No there was No losses. İt was just how i was misleaded and could have forked out approx 4k for a new boiler. Also the unprofessionalism on their part which really got to me. So many emails and texts, calls to sales re a new boiler which he completely ignored. If I said yes ok, I accept come and fit new boiler for 4k he would have come running. I just can't rest. How can they do this to people.