Collect+ Ongoing Nightmare

gradnwitc

Jul 16, 2013
I don't usually post t forums but I have been so angered by my experiance wiith Collect+ that I thought I would post and maybe get some reelase and advice.

I bought a mobile phone on ebay from a reputable seller and they posted the item collect+.

I was give a tracking number and then a number of days later I thought I would go on and find out where it was. The website had it marked as delivered. This is where the fun begins:

I phoned up to ask where the item was. Told it had been delivered. I checked and informed them it had no been delivered and no card had been left to say it had.

Was told would be called back within 24 hours. No call so called them to ask for status.

Was told item had been left in secure location at property. Checked (there are limnited locations) nothing found. In addtion asked my neighbours.

Called back and was told they would need to speak to the driver and would be called back in 24 hours. No call so called them back the next day. Advised then that the driver had responded and the item was left at a different house over 10 houses away. I spoke to the property owner and they advise they have received no parcel.

Phoned collect plus and they check with driver again and will call in 24 hours. Again no call and the driver insists at number one. I advise not and am told to contact the sender. I checked again at number one which was embarressing.

I contact the sender who is immediatley suspicious as the item is marked as delivered. When he calls collect plus they advise it has been delivered successfully.

I speak to collect plus again and they advise that it is lost on their system. Finally after nagging I get an email confirming that they have lost it which I append to the ebay resolution case I have now raised.

The I get an email from collect+ advising that the driver has confirmed that the item is in a safe place at my property.

I asked if they could get the driver to viit the property he thinks he has left the parcel at but they refuse.

I now am over £400 down and after 2 weeks no closer to getting my money back. The seller is now suspicious I am ripping him off and on a go slow. The impression I got from Collect+ was that they really did not care and made no effort to find my parcel. This has forced me to go down the ebay resolution cneter root whcih ihas been a long and painfull process. I think this is compounded by the fact the seller has no insurance which is why he is being difficult.

from what I understand I should get a refund as I paid via Paypal and am using the resolution center.

Please advise. Sorry for the long post.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
If they can't prove it was delivered, ie with a signature then they are at fault. It really isn't your problem as the contract is between the seller and the courier, ebay should refund your money and the seller will have to take up the matter with collect+

gradnwitc

Jul 16, 2013
I am not even more angy just got his back to from ebay:

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service regarding the phone (item# *******) you purchased from "ebayid". I’m sorry to hear that you are having an issue with this transaction. I appreciate your effort resolving this matter. I understand that you haven't received your item yet.

In response to your claim, I have fully reviewed the details and can see that the seller has provided proof of tracking indicating that the item was posted and delivered to you. Because of this, the case cannot be closed in your favour. We also cannot approve an appeal of a case decision where tracking shows an item has been delivered as we must take this as proof of delivery.

I understand that you have not received this item; it is very possible that a mistake was made by the mail carrier. The package may have been delivered or could have been delivered to the wrong address. In either scenario, I hope you can understand that we made this decision because the tracking information shows the item was delivered to you.

At this point I would recommend you contact the mail carrier used to see if they could provide further details of the packages whereabouts. I would also recommend checking with your neighbours in case they have received this package in error.

To make sure your transactions go smoothly in the future, we suggest you visit the eBay site and click the Safety Centre link located at the bottom of any page. There you will find tips on how to buy safely in the "Buying Safely" section.

I trust this information is helpful and I wish you all the best on eBay in the future.
Kind regards,

I have just been on the phone to them asking them what the hell I am now meant to do? Any ideas?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
The value of the item makes a trip to the Small Claims Court worth it, as I said earlier, your contract is with the seller so your claim should be against them, they must then deal with the courier to get the matter resolved.

Ebay of course absolve themselves of any responsibility for any issue relating to any problem with any buyer or seller, but I would still be tempted to add them to the claim as a partner of the seller, it's about time they started to realise they do not write the consumer laws of the UK.

You can start a Small Claim at

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome