Collect Plus Shambles .....

Proz

Nov 8, 2013
Hi everyone and welcome to my first post.......

I sold an item on ebay and because I don't have a post office near me used Collect Plus.

I tracked the parcel ( AX93HLW ) and it showed as delivered 11:58, Fri, 01 Nov 2013.

I left it till the next day to email the buyer to ask if everything was ok with his item and if he was happy can he leave my feedback on ebay.
He replied saying he has NOT received anything.
Slightly alarmed I called collect plus and was told the driver had left the parcel in a " Safe place or an out-house ".
I was relieved to hear this and quickly mailed the buyer who responded quickly saying he doesn't have any out-houses etc.
There was no calling card saying where it had been left or even if it was with a neighbour etc.
So I call collect plus again and im told they have asked the depot where the driver works to interview the driver and ask him where he actually left this parcel.

This has now gone on all week and they are still waiting for this driver to tell them where the parcel is.... is this delivery driver made of Teflon as he doesn't seem to be answering the query ?.
I call every day and get the usual rubbish ... ie wait another 24hrs for the driver to respond.

Im not an idiot however .... Im 110% sure this driver wont remember where he left one parcel out of the hundreds im sure they have delivered (or lost) since.

I have now had to refund the buyer .... look like an idiot ... be treated like an idiot by collect plus and be seriously out of pocket all in the space of a week.

I have started a claim and emailed in my details with email tracking ie delivery report and read receipt and neither have come back so I don't even know if they have received my email claim .
Quite clever really as they will just deny all knowledge of it till its too late to claim or whatever.
I do believe the have broken the terms of any "contract" I had with them.

Where do I turn now .

Thanks

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
An official letter of complaint to their head office, on paper and through the post with a proof of postage or recorded delivery, keep a copy and set out clearly what you want them to do. They have 8 weeks to come up with a satisfactory solution so any time limit they set on claims is irrelevant. Let us know how you go on and we'll look at your next step.