Currys what are my rights re computer purchased

Maz1

Sep 10, 2012
Hi all purchased a computer in jan toshiba, from start had problems with :mad:,mouse froze,kept crashing about 6months later hardrive failed,store told me didn't have to refund or replace had right to fix in first 12 months only, now another 2 months on hardrive has failed again, computer is only 8months old and on 2nd hardrive failiure:confused:,now also have lost my norton package as tech guys don't put it back on what are my rights?? How many times does a harddrive have to fail before I'm entitled to replacement refund or credit note, hoping someone can help maz:)

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
D'ya know, I don't know what I would do with my life if it waswn't for Currys & PCW.

To receive a replacement PC, the fault needs to exist at the time of purchase, if the item becomes fault within 6 months, the supplier must prove the fault didn't exist from new. You don't say in your post when the first hard drive failed.

They have to repair it within a 'reasonable' time, I would say the same fault twice with a component within 8 months is unreasonable.

If they repair it again and it fails again, they will tell you it's out of warranty and there's nothing they can do - all lies of course.

I suggest you write to their HO with a formal complaint asking for a replacement, they need to provide one with a similar spec.

As far as your software is concerned, you have bought a licence for that software and can use that licence on any machine (but only 1 if it's a single user licence) If you don't have a disc with the software on, you should ask for a replacement from wherever you bought it in the first place. If it was provided as part of a pack with your PC, Currys should ensure it is installed on the replacement machine.

Good luck, getting a satisfactory solution from Curry's is like wading through treacle in flip flops. :D