Damaged Items

JRiley

Nov 4, 2013
Good afternoon,

I would be grateful for some advice. I ordered my son a ride on car and received it a couple of weeks ago, I was not in when it was delivered and my husband signed for the item. Upon inspection later that evening we found several scratches on the car, I contacted the company straight away and they asked me to send pictures and that they would try and send replacement parts. After emails chasing them and asking for updates over the last 2 weeks they have now told me that they cannot send replacement parts as they are not made and are unwilling to exchange the item (only refund if I pay P&P) as their Ts&Cs on their website state that items must be inspected on delivery and a note made on the delivery note. Firstly the item is quite big and packed in several different bags within the box so I would of thought it unreasonable to expect to examine it fully while the delivery driver waits, secondly my husband took delivery of the item not me (whose name the order was in) so can I say I wasn't given the opportunity as I wasn't there and finally the box was not damaged and the items were damaged during packing or manufacture not during delivery so does this make any difference. I would be grateful for any advice as this has been going on for 2 weeks now and it is a present for my son so I really want to get it sorted - especially as we haven't even been able to test the item yet as we haven't assembled it as we thought parts might have to go back.

Many thanks.