DHL lost my iPhone

markdtp

Jan 31, 2013
I paid for DHL to courier my iPhone 4 from the UK to Brazil. When it arrived in Brazil it got helf up in customs with the Brazilian customs demanding I pay £200 to them to release it. I refused and insisted DHL return my package as they didn't make it clear to me that the Brazilian customs might charge me.

I never received my returned goods as DHL managed to lose my package enroute back to the UK.

I am demanding from DHL that they compensate me for the cost of replacing my lost iPhone as well as a refund for the courier service. DHL are being difficult.

What are my rights?

Mark

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
DHL are in breach of their contract therefore you should now be in the position you were before you entered it, ie with an iphone and your money paid for the delivery in the bank.
If they had returned the iphone then obviously you would have to pay the agreed costs.

You'll probably find they have a disclaimer in their t&c's, doesn't matter they don't override the law.

Tell them you'll see them in court.

AaronF

Jan 9, 2013
A courier has lost a mattress they were delivering to me, recently. Let me know what happens...