Distance Selling

jillh

Jul 29, 2012
I purchased a £19 voucher for some Jewellery from an on line site for Jewellery worth £119. I followed the instructions, entering the voucher number but when the invoice came through and I checked my Credit Card I had been charged the full amount instead of just the P & P. I have e mailed several times asking for a refund but all I have got is an e mail telling me the goods will be delivered within 21 days - they have obviously not read my e mails. What can I do?

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Buttons are erring on the side of ridiculous. I've been trying to ask sensible questions. I asked the customer if he was happy to receive postage stamps and he is, luckily although he's scamming me, he apparently has a use for stamps. In my opinion consumers are overprotected and small businesses are let down. I feel it's a real 'you vs me' attitude but, I digress...

Now I know, people can take advantage all they want unless you specifically ask them not to, all is fine and my question is answered.

It's nothing personal by the way, I don't want to offend you... Hence my little 'thanks' click! It's just annoying.
Jon, I can understand where your coming from, after all , you're losing money from a situation you can't defend.
My point of buttons was to simply say that if you could pay back in any form, you could do so with the matching monetary value for anything. But if the customer is happy to be refunded in stamps, so be it.

But yes, unfortunately if you do not place down your terms pre-contract, some will take advantage...
No offence was taken nor did I feel your reply to be a personal attack, sometimes the news isn't the type you want to hear.
Thanks for the thanks,
Alewis