Ebay & Ipostparcels fiasco!!!!

scouseman

Jan 30, 2014
Hi Guys,

I wonder if someone could give me some advise as to were I may stand.
My wife bought a supposed Brand New electronic tester off ebay just before Xmas for £350 and was paid for with paypal

It arrived but the batteries inside it had leaked and the unit did not work, I contacted the seller who instructed me to return the parcel for a refund.

The parcel was returned to the seller via Ipostparcel, the parcel was delivered and signed for my seller according to the tracking, yet he claims he was not at home and the parcel was not delivered to him. The tracking on there site says that the parcel was delivered and signed for by him.

The problem for me is that I actually believe him, that he has not receive the parcel, as according to the courier they contacted the driver who described the house he delivered the parcel to, I Googled the house, and the description does not match. The courier said they would investigate and send the driver back to were he delivered the parcel, that was 3 weeks and I have heard nothing and according to the seller he still has received anything.

The problem is although I paid £320 for the tester as it was faulty I returned it to the seller with only £25 worth of included insurance.

Paypal are investigating, but the seller has said he is going to contact the police due to the couriers claims that according to the tracking he has received were in actual fact he hasn't.

Does anyone have any advice as to were I stand?
I realise there is an on going investigation through paypal, but I can see this getting very messy especially once the police get involved.
What happens if the courier realise I have no insurance and just turn around and say, the parcel wasn't delivered to the correct address it as gone missing and we cannot recover it, there liability is only £25

Cheers

Mark