Extended Warranties

dizzy45

Oct 16, 2012
I have extended warranties on my washing machine and freezer. I have had trouble with both these appliances for the last year and they keep sending out engineers who "repair" the fault and leave.
THE FREEZER is a frost free freezer which keeps icing up. When the engineer comes he takes off the back, defrosts it and puts back piece back on. Within a couple of months the ice appears back in the freezer and the same thing happens. They tell me this constitutes a New Repair because of the time lapse even though the engineer himself has said that the minute he leaves the ice starts forming where I cannot see it and takes a couple of months to appear back in the freezer.
THE WASHING MACHINE The water keeps coming out of the top, it is a top loader, and over the last year I have had a new seal, new module, new soap dispenser but still water keeps coming out. Unfortunately it does not happen on every occasion and when the engineer comes it all seems ok. I have taken a video of the fault and he looked at it today when he came. Again the Insurers are telling me the fault is being "Repaired" even though it is not.
I have paid this extended warranty for 6/7 years and feel I am just being fobbed off. I am a pensioner and the monthly payment is a lot for me to find. I have told them all of the above but dont seem to be getting anywhere.
Please can anyone help and let me know just what my rights are?
I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.
This is my first post as I only joined today so hope I have done everything right?