Faulty Beko tumble dryer :(

lebel

Nov 14, 2010
Why do these thing always happen at the weekend?

I bought a beko tumble dryer from tesco direct on 22/10/09.
I thought it was great, nice an quiet etc!
On 20/03/10 it broke, heats up but doesn't spin, I called Beko direct and they sent an engineer to repair it, broken belt.
Yesterday the same thing happened, I have had it for just over 12 months :(
Beko say there's only a 12 month warranty so "sorry but there's nothing we can do" and Tesco say the same and "you should have called us the first time it broke so we had it on record, we can't so anything about that now..."

I was under the impression that the sale of goods act meant that as a user I could expect an appliance such as a tumble dryer to last up to 6 years, rather than just one?

I am going to phone Beko head office tomorrow but before I do, I would like some advice, please?

Many Thanks in advance!

Pauline Beavis

Nov 21, 2012
It is interesting to hear of someone else with the same problem as BEKO have told me it is not a known fault with this model.

I have had the same problem three times now with my BEKO DRVT 71 W. Once on a machine 29 days old which, after I waited for an engineer for 10 days, then a predicted wait of up to 7 days for the new belt, they agreed to replace the machine. Machine number two had the same fault after 4 months (it was summer so was not used very often during this time). Now after two months the same fault has occurred again - BEKO will not replace the machine until they have repaired the machine again - they say that because this machine has only been repaired once they are entitled to come out again and repair again - completely disregarding the fact the machine they replaced was exactly the same model, with exactly the same fault. They seem to think it is acceptable for customers to have repeated repairs at their own inconvenience and expense.