faulty converse

emma811981

Jan 8, 2013
hi i'm wondering if anybody can i help? I purchased a pair of converse from JD sports just after christmas. I wore the shoes but due to weather got them mucky, I decided to put them in the washing machine before doing this i went onto the converse website to check this was ok which it states is on a delicate wash which again is what i did. When I got them out of the washing machine the rubber had parted from the canvas. I took them back to JD sports which they then said they had to send them away for testing. Got them back two days later saying they will not exchange due to unsuitable washing ive had converse before and always machine washed them with no problems.
I'm just wondering is they anything else I can do?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
It's a bit of a tough one coz you can't prove you followed their washing instructions but on the other hand they can't prove you didn't.

I always stick them in the washer too but with towels for a bit of protection, they can also damage your washer as well as the other way round.

Not sure if there is a solution on this one, it's going to be a matter of opinion I think

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
I'm in the same boat as Witch,
I suppose you could question how they came to this conclusion?
Mine always get thrown in, and I've even put a pair in the tumble before now (they did go a bit crispy then though).
Good luck to you.