Faulty Dishwasher - 8 months old

hfz

Oct 4, 2012
Hi

I purchased a Beko Dishwasher online From Boots Kitchen Appliances in February 2012 on a visa credit card.

The upper rack has a design fault and doesn't wash the dishes. There is a round connector with two plastic prongs at the back of the dishwasher which provides water to the upper spray arm but due to heat the plastic has widened and lost its shape and no longer aligns correctly.

I called Beko once, an engineer came and re-aligned the prongs, but the fault came back after two days. I called beko again but no one came to repair it. I've called Beko a third time yesterday and they say I need to give them more time to arrange the repair.

I'm quite fed up as this has gone on for 2 weeks since I made the call and I've already spent a lot of money buying different tablets thinking the tablets was the fault.

I want a full refund because this is a design fault which will return even after they replace the part.

What are my rights and what do I need to do to get a full refund?

Thanks

Ahmed

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Under SOGA goods must be fit for purpose, so a dishwasher should wash dishes.

Have they admitted a design fault? when did you first report the dishwasher as faulty? this is relevant because if a fault develops within the first 6 months, it is up to the supplier to prove the fault wasn't present from new.

You should be dealing with the supplier, not the manufacturer, it is up to the supplier to rectify the situation.

hfz

Oct 4, 2012
Under SOGA goods must be fit for purpose, so a dishwasher should wash dishes.

Have they admitted a design fault? when did you first report the dishwasher as faulty? this is relevant because if a fault develops within the first 6 months, it is up to the supplier to prove the fault wasn't present from new.

You should be dealing with the supplier, not the manufacturer, it is up to the supplier to rectify the situation.
Hi

I have spoken to Beko the manufacturer only and they have not admitted a design fault. I bought the item in February 2012, and I reported the fault at the end of Spetember 2012.

I intend to write to the Supplier Boots Kitchen Appliances run by DRL in Bolton. I intend to request a full refund. Am I within my rights?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
If you think you can prove a design fault then yes, you would be entitled to a refund, otherwise you will have to accept a repair or replacement.

Have a browse on the web to see if you can find evidence of other purchasers with the same problem as this will back up your case.