Faulty goods and vendor says cannot help

Michael Wooller

Sep 11, 2012
Hi, on 7th January 2012 I purchased a pair of Tyne Muck boots from a company named Elesmere Ltd, based in Cheshire, UK via the internet and their website. Just last week I noticed that the left boot let in water whilst working and upon inspection discovered a Y shaped split right in the crease where the boot flexes when worn and walking, also another horizontal split on the rear of the boot, corresponding to where the calf of the leg sits.

I sent two emails off to the supplier explaining the problem and asking how I should proceed. I have never received a response to either emails sent, So this week I packed up the boots and returned them to the vendor via recorded delivery parcel post with a copy of the original invoice and a covering letter.

I also telephoned the vendor company and was told the following:

I should not have returned the boots but should have taken photographs so they could decide what to do.

They no longer sell the type of boot or trade with their original supplier who is abroad, but they will contact them to see what they can offer.

They are not liable for the warranty it is the manufacturers responsibility. The problem is void of my consumer rights because it is a wear and tear problem because I have owned the boots since January 2012,(it is now Sept 11th as of writing this post)

My problem sounds like it is a wear and tear problem and not covered by the warranty, even though I pointed out it was only one of the two boots that had developed this problem and they were made of the same material and worn as a pair and although I had owned them since 7th January I had not worn them every day, only when the weather was bad.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to my next step please?

BagCrazy

Nov 20, 2012
www.bagcrazy.co.uk
Hi

I think this statement is incorrect: "They are not liable for the warranty it is the manufacturers responsibility." It is the responsibility of the vendor as the contract of sale was with you and the vendor, not the manufacturer, might be worth some digging around on this point.