Faulty goods, where do I stand?

unlucky

Apr 17, 2012
Hi I would like some help with my situation

I bought a fridge freezer from an Ad on gumtree I asked the girl to switch it on an hour before I arrived to have a look at the pipes ect all looked well so we agreed sale and took it home next day I switched it on waited allday and still no freeze fridge not cold either just plate at back got cold to touch. My brother rang her asking for money back she said no. I have tried her 2 days now and its on answer phone still.

She has no obligation to take this fridge back does she? Is there anything that I could get her on? Police would say its a civil matter wouldnt they? Nedd advice asap

I have checked shops and online to try and find the problem but cant.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Firstly no it's not a police matter, ebay offer support for such circumstances but I've just had a look at Gumtree and there is nothing on their site about faulty goods or returns, or what protection you have, I think this is a serious ommission on their part.

Of course goods you buy must be working and as described, not sure what you can do if she won't respond to you and Gumtree ofer no support, consumerdirect won't act in this sort of private sencond-hand sale so I suppose your only option would be Small Claims COurt, which you can do but may not be worth the time/effort/cost.

Sorry I can't be more help, may be worth emailing Gumtree and asking what protection they provide.

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
It is second hand and sold as seen and it was you to make sure it was working etc. and to undertake any tests you wanted. If it was working when you went round maybe it got damaged in transit. Did you tip it on its sdie or anything like that?