groupon - no goods but no refund!

trudy

Dec 4, 2012
I purchased a groupon deal - but the supplier couldn't supply the goods, they were sold out. Groupon are refusing to refund. How can this be right, isn't basic contract law - i pay, you supply?

trudy

Dec 4, 2012
basically that there is a cool down period of 7 days to change your mind and then no refund (they will provide what looks like an old fashioned credit note)

i purchased the deal on 14th nov - and contacted them requesting a refund on the 22nd

but - isn't the 7 day cool off period if you've changed your mind? I didn't change my mind, I wanted the goods Id purchased but they couldn't be supplied

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Yes you're quite right plus the 7day cooling off period under the distance selling regulations starts from the day after the goods are delivered not from the day of the order.

Sounds to me like you have spoken to someone who doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

I have just tried to read their terms and conditions and failed miserably, however I did get that they work within the laws of the UK and therefore you are due a refund.
There is an address in their t&I'd which you can write to giving them a week to issue your refund or you will take them to court, providing of course, it is worth it, initially it will cost you £25.

trudy

Dec 4, 2012
well...I've had a refund, which Im very pleased with although as I shouldn't have to resort to researching my legal rights to get it, I won't be using Groupon again

thanks your help :D