Help please re faulty settee

Cazza

Aug 22, 2012
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help, we bought a 3 seater from Harveys with two electric recliner seats. One of the seats started clunking straight away so they sent an engineer. There was slight damage on the back of the settee where it had been wearing but this was out of sight so we let it go. A few weeks later it started clunking again along with the other seat and we noticed where the whole settee was misaligned it was rubbing and had worn the top colour of the leather away in two places. The engineer came around, said he would need to order new mechanism for the one side, could put spaces in the other and could hide the marks. One of the marks would be hidden by stretching the leather around further and the other would be covered with some colouring. I said that i was not happy as it was damaged and wanted it replaced - does anyone know if this is within my rights? Afterall we paid full price for this product.
Many thanks
Caz: confused:

tigersgirl007

Aug 21, 2012
if the item is not as expected - fit for purpose - then you should be entitled to either a replacement or full refund. I think if you are hitting your head against a brick wall contact the CEO / Director at Harvey's as when I find no one is listening I cut out the middle man and go to the top and it has always worked for me when im not happy about a service/product.