Holiday Bag

DaveVenus

Feb 22, 2013
Nuneaton
Hi,

Just before my holiday I purchased to large bags to travel with, wasn't expensive and I can live with the loss , but for me it's the principle.

The night before our flight we stayed at a hotel in London, when I picked my bag up the handle came away, it was no heavier than the other bag so I felt the product was not fit for purpose, after returning from my holiday I tried to return the faulty product and the assistant said as I had taken it on a flight it was not covered, that I wasn't entitled to a refund or replacement and I should take it up with the airline. but they didn't break it. She also then informed me that that was the law.

Who is responsible Me, the airline or the retailer. And even if it did break whilst in the care of the airline is the retailer still not responsible for a product not fit for purpose, its a large travel bag which would be going on flights.

Dave

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Retailer is responsible, as you say, not fit for purpose, you may like to point out to them that suitcases are supposed to be filled with clothes and put on a flight, that's why the statement "Fit for Purpose" is in the Sale of Goods Act