Lost item delivered after replacement but not collected

Lori

Jul 20, 2012
Hi, I bought a laptop online for my daughter in Feb 2012 and arranged for it to be delivered to her at her term-time address. She waited in all day for 3 days, but it wasn't delivered. I contacted company again and followed their procedure. Courier driver said he had delivered it, but my daughter went around 3 blocks of flats sharing similar address - no-one had it. Almost two weeks passed before replacement was sent out, but on day of sheduled delivery, a local shopowner brought the original one to my daughter, it had been dropped there by courier. I told my daughter to take the new one when delivered and return the one that had been sitting around at another location, as Courier driver had been instructed to return to where he had delivered original and return to Seller. The driver refused to take it, and insisted on leaving the newer one. I contacted company who said they would arrange another collection date. My daughter waited, the driver did not come. I contacted the company again and we went through same situation again. Everytime my daughter had to miss lectures at uni to be in flat for delivery dates and collection dates. After the 3rd time of no collection, I stopped contacting the Seller company and laptop has been left in flat since. What rights do I have to retain it now as my daughter moves out of flat very soon and we want to know what to do. Thank you

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
It is up to them to arrange collection, not for you to worry about, your daughter has done everything she is obliged to do, if they haven't collected it, it's their problem.