Mamas & Papas Yoyo highchair

andi1688

Feb 27, 2013
Hi I bought a Mamas & Papas Yoyo highchair in 2011 from Very part of the Shop Direct Group. The first one i recieved was not assembled straight away and probably was assembled in may 2011 but once assembled it had a fault so I returned it and recieved a replacement. Again I did not assemble straight away and was probably assembled either October or November. I was using an Ikea highchair also so although assembled the mamas &papas highchair has not had much use at all. In fact I only just started using the chair properly a couple of weeks ago and I noticed the screws had worked loose so I tightened them but a bar at the back of the chair that pulls the legs together would not tighten at all as the screw is just moving round and round and not actually gripping to tighten. I spoke to both Mamas & Papas and Very. Mamas & Papas no longer make this chair and therefore no longer have any spare parts and have told me to speak to Very which I did and they are saying as they no longer sell the item and I dont have a catalogue number they cant help me.I asked to receive a cb from a manager but none came after 10 days so I rung back as I have got bank statements to prove I paid for the item. This chair is supposed to last till adulthood please see link nswers.mamasandpapas.com/answers/4006/product/HCYO02800/questions.htm. I have been told by Very that they dont keep or have access to old statements and I have now been told that aswell of the phone costs I now have to pay £5.00 for a statement as I dont have the original. I feel that I have been shortchanged on a highchair that cost £89.00 and should have lasted a number of years has not even lasted 2 years. Any advice appreciated on how to resolve this matter. Sorry for long post.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Most of what they are saying is rubbish as they are legally obliged to keep financial records for six years, I have had trouble with Shop Direct in the past and from experience, I would advise you to write one letter of complaint to their head office and if you don't get a satisfactory response, fill in a complaint form on the financial ombudsman service website.