Neighbour signs for goods delivered then leaves them at my door

planner73

Feb 14, 2013
Notts
Hello, can anyone advise. My son recently purchased a pair of work boots on line using a debit card value £50 +pp. The boots were delivered promptly via Fedex. I was not at home, so fedex left with a neighbour who I understand signed for receipt. Fedex leave a note to say what they had done but I didn't see it till late on the day of delivery.

The following day my neighbour knocks at my door and when no reply received he leaves the parcel at my door. The parcel is clearly visible from the street and surprise surprise they are stolen. This was reported and crimed by the Police.

The supplier says that they fulfilled their end of the contract. Do I have a claim against Fedex, neighbour or anyone? (Fedex were not given permission to leave with neighbour although we understand this was done in good faith).

Any sensible advice appreciated

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Not sure there is anything you can do, the courier delivered the goods and got a signature (and it is common practice to leave parcels with neighbours, most of them have this in their T&C's) if anyone is at fault, it is your neighbour but I doubt they have any responsibility for the parcel in law, there is also the issue that you were aware the parcel was at your neighbours house but failed to collect it.

Sorry that is probably not the answer you wanted

planner73

Feb 14, 2013
Notts
Thanks, I understand this may be just part of lifes rich pattern. But yet another blow to Englands community spirit.