New laptop faulty laptopsdirect wont replace

luta

Apr 21, 2012
I recieved delivery of a new laptop on the 17 March from laptops direct.

After a week of using it I was having problems...with the laptop came a 28 Days Free 24/7 Technical Support with Zuu Media.

I contacted them and they remotely controlled the machine to try to fix it...the tech couldn't do so so I was told to do a return to factory reset and that should fix the problem.

Seemed okay for a week although rather slow and un-responsive at times so two days ago I contacted them again.

Again the tech remotely controlled the machine...no idea what he did because I had to go to work and left him to it. On return he had left a message to say machine was ok.

On booting the machine yesterday there was a whirring noise and in use the machine kept freezing...also certain programmes wouldn't load.

Contacted Zuu Media again and he again controlled the machine and got the programmes working...when I moved the machine to another room it started making buzzing noises and I had the message that the Hard Drive was about to fail and to back up.

I started the back up but the machine shut down after 25% backup.

On restart the machine is dead...nothing!

Contacted laptopsdirectt this morning and was refused a replacement on the grounds that it was past 28 days and the machine would have to go back for repair under warranty.

The machine is 33 days old without much use so definately 'not fit for purpose'

Even though I used the support option with Zuu Media that I was given they say I should have contacted laptops direct when the machine first went wrong...thought that's what I did...used the support I was given...but no...apparently they have no contact with Zuu Media !

Is there anything I can do to either get the machine replaced or my money back...purchased machine using Barclaycard.

I really don't want a repair because I have no faith left in the machine...if it was wrong from the beginning that could not be the only fault and I really need a machine to rely on.

Sorry for long post but I am so exasperated dealing with laptopsdirect on the phone I just don't know the next step to take.