Non delivery by transport provider - now out of business.

OLDDEL

Feb 21, 2014
Hi,

Way back in October 2013 I purchased a Mobility Access Ramp on E bay. Although the seller preferred it to be collected in person, they did agree that I could arrange for my own selected Transport provider to collect and deliver the item for me. I listed the item to be delivered on a few sites and eventually chose a quote that had been provided through 'Shiply'.

Shiply then requested that a deposit be made direct to them, and then I should liaise with my selected Transport Provider. I had chosen 'Danny's Transport' of Pwllheli
LL53 6EJ.
As I had stated that I was flexible with the Collection and Delivery dates I gave Danny a few weeks, before hastening him. He said that he did have a problem with his transport, but that had now been fixed. Within a few days he had collected the item, which he now held at his Base. He also said that he was waiting for more items from my area, before it could be delivered.

Time passed by, as did many e mails to him. Most of which were not answered. I finally learnt, from him, that his transport could not be fixed, and that he had ' Gone out of Business'. I emailed him again, and again, asking for his Insurance details, and whether he was prepared to give a refund. All he said was that I could arrange for the item to be collected from himself, but at my expense. I have emailed him again trying to obtain confirmation that he actually has my item, but he has not replied to me.

I paid Danny, up front, via Paypal. However they say that such services are not covered in this case. The item is now further away from me, than the original collection point. Shiply are unable to help, as they are only a liason type service.

Can anyone please advise as to what course of action should now be taken. I have paid for the item, paid for the delivery, but note received anything to date. The way I see it is that the Transport Provider has not fulfiled his delivery obligation, but has not offered any alternative delivery.

Thank you,