npower

kenny1976

May 20, 2013
Hi i moved to npower last year for my electric and at the time of the move i was on a prepayment meter. I stayed on the meter for about 8 weeks and then i had it changed for a normal meter, as i was having solar panels fitted, and then i got a bill about 4 months later for £170. Then a week later i got a final reminder for £490 i phoned them up as i knew this was wrong they said the outstanding balance was from eon. I phoned eon they told me i was in credit and sent me a cheque out so i phoned npower back and now their saying its from the time i was on the prepayment meter and can't find my payments for the 8 weeks before i went on to the normal meterand if they can't i have to pay again. Now they are threatening to disconnect me what can i do. Any help thanks ken.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
The thing with a prepayment meter is that if you don't pay, you don't get power so there is absolutely no way you can end up in debt with one! I appreciate you wouldn't necessarily have receipts but the company you paid through would have a record, wouldn't be easy to get hold of them tho. If you could prove you paid, even once, with a debit card they would have to trace the payments. I certainly wouldn't be paying them, tell them you'll see them in court!