Overseas fake goods......

Teweybear

Jun 7, 2012
:eek:

My husband recently purchased a Barbour jacket from an on-line site (called Barbour Outlet). He had done some homework in that he had narrowed his search down to UK pages in the hope of cutting out Asian fakes. Also, delivery was stated as 7 working days so we thought it must be shipped from the UK.

Over a month (and several chaser emails) later, the jacket has arrived - from China and very obviously a fake. Not only that but they have sent a size 12 ladies jacket as opposed to the XL men's jacket he ordered!

I have emailed them straight away stating that they have despatched the wrong jacket and that I have doubts about the authenticity of the jacket and await their response. In the meantime, is there anything else I can do? or do I have to rely on their willingness to refund or have to write off the cost of the jacket and shipping?

I have to say, I feel a little bit sick at being ripped off like this - it's not a life-changing amount of money but I'm very angry nonetheless. Any advice would be gratefully received.

thanks,
Sharon.