Problem Hotel Room

tori

May 27, 2013
My brother asked me to book a cheap hotel room for him at last minute at 11.30pm on the same day he needed it. I searched online and found some cheap rooms but every time i tried to book it became unavailable. I found one that accepted my booking and took payment and got a confirmation text at 11.45pm. My brother got to the hotel about 25 minutes after i booked arriving 12.15am it was closed. He ended up sleeping in the car.

I did get in touch with the company but they said they investigated and was waiting for my brother before check in closed at 11pm. How could they be waiting when i booked after this time?

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Brilliant question - one which only they can answer!
The only thing you can do here is get a refund (which I assume you've already requested)?

tori

May 27, 2013
I have requested a refund and they have decided to give me a £20 refund to the card. However the company say that it was booked at 11.25pm and the hotel waited for my brother.

I don't understand and feel ripped off. If a hotel closes check i at a certain time then why would they still be allowed to sell rooms. There is no way my brother would have made it at the same time as i booked. I had to pay for the room before it was confirmed and that was done via paypal and was around 11.45pm.