problem with Tesco Photo

ab3njp

Jun 15, 2012
Hi there, just want some advice really.

I ordered 100 photocards from Tesco Photo online, and paid by credit card.

When they came however, they're not card, they are printed on paper. I called customer services to obtain a refund, and they asked me to email their business department, taking a photo of the card to illustrate the poor quality.

I did this, and the customer services department called me back this evening. The decision was it wasn't a good enough reason for a refund. They apparently use the same card as Hallmark (erm, don't think so!) and they would class it as high quality card.

We measured the card with my husbands micrometer and it's about 50% thinner than a hallmark greetings card. When folded in half, it doesn't even stand up.

I think I'm entitled to a refund as the product clearly isn't as described. However all they would offer me was 50% of my money back. I refused this.

I paid by credit card, but I don't think I can claim from the credit card company as goods total was less than £100.

What can I do?! I'd be so embarrassed to send these cards out to family and friends - they are my wedding thank you cards. After all the effort that they spent coming to the wedding and generosity with gifts, there's no way I'm sending out this flimsy rubbish card!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Go through their official complaints procedure, tell them you are quite happy to send them one of the photos along with a hallmark card as long as they are willing to refund the cost. Goods not as described and not of satisfactory quality means you are entitled to a full refund including any costs.

You're right, you can't claim the money back from your credit card but you can claim it back from Tesco ;)