Repairman wont return laptop

centgas

Feb 12, 2013
Hello

I while ago I visited a man in an office to get my laptop repaired after spilling a drink on it. He was helpful and knowledgeable. He explained it would be a £20 fee if I didnt end up having any work done, although that fee would be waived if I paid for repairs. Due to the repair fee estimated at £370 and no guarentee that it would solve the problem, I decided not to get my laptop repaired. This was in July 2012. When I was in his office the last time, I was concerned that my laptop was in bits on the shelf.

My first mistake was leaving it far too long. I attempted to visit his office again in mid December. No answer, and the storage place next door explained to me that he had moved out, but was leaving laptops etc with them. They didnt have mine. They got him on the phone and passed it to me, and he said he would be in contact over Christmas, which he didnt do. I visited again at the start of January, and this time they spoke to him and he told them he would contact me. He never. I went in again two weeks ago, they got him on the phone for me and he told me he had the flu and it was in storage, but he would be in contact soon...he hasnt.

He has moved all his stuff from his office (as he was planning to, no big suprise). Apparently others have been in for their laptops back, and the council have been asking for him due to something.

Its sad really because he used to have two shops and they did very good work on my machines. But do I have any options now? Can I go to the police, the council or anything? Also, I cannot find the receipt he gave me (I know, I know...), but I may be able to with a thorough search of my house.

I have his phone number, it all just feels like a waste of time.

I just want my laptop back for principle, plus I do not want anyone going through my hardrive.

Any help VERY much appreciated.