replacement policies

angimac

Jul 3, 2012
i bought a bike from argos in january which was under half price at £74.99. since then the bike has become faulty and argos have offered a replcement at the same price. i have looked at the bikes at this price nd none have anywhere near the spec as i have on the faulty bike. do i have any right to ask for a bike of the same spec at £40 dearer or must it take one of the bikes of lesser standard that are available.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Equal or equivalent specification, so its the quality/spec they need to match, not the price although they can make a deduction for the use you have had from the bike.

angimac

Jul 3, 2012
is there anywhere i can find this information so that i can quote it to customer services when i phone them.
thanks

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Your rights when buying sale items are exactly the same as non sale items unless the goods have been reduced because they have some fault which has been pointed out to you and you still purchase the goods despite this fault or flaw.

Goods must be as described, this applies to any replacement goods so the replacement should match the description of the original goods.

Agros work under their own sale of goods act so don't expect an easy solution, you may have to escalate it to their HO.