returning item to be checked

liverbirdie

Dec 11, 2011
I bought a salon essentials laser hair removal system in August 2012, with a 2year guarantee, from ideal world. the demonstrator says that if you use the item once a month for 6 months the area you are treating will be hair free. I have been using this item now, as specified, for 14 months on my face. I have noticed NO reduction in hair growth whatsoever. I emailed the company and was asked to return it so they can check it out and if it is working fine they will return it and if not they will replace it.

Sounds ok, only thing is they have told me to return it at my expense and they are not responsible for any damage in transit, so suggest I have it insured.

I also have been in touch with Ideal World, and they say they don't deal with technical or cosmetic enquiries and they suggest I contact the support team of Salon Essentials, also that if the item is to be found faulty they would be happy to arrange with the returns procedure.

Am I responsible to arrange and pay for the postage.

Am not sure if it would come under not fit for purpose, as it doesn't do what it says it should, certainly not for me.

I really wanted this to work and it was a carefully considered product.

I would appreciate any advice.

Maureen