sent parcel back but post office gave me a receipt but had no barcode

deebella

Dec 19, 2013
Any advice most welcome.
In December 2012 I returned items back to a home shopping catalogue using the royal mail , a service that they paid for . I got proof of postage . the items got lost in the post and because the receipt did not have a barcode on it they are now saying I have to pay. In fact they have added items to my account and are adding interest even though I have told them many times I dispute the fact that I am to blame . I have had legal advice and am told as I returned the items with reasonable care that I am not liable . I have told the catalogue this many times but when they do answer they ignore this part of my reply . they just keep saying I have to make a claim from post office but I keep replying that it has passed the deadline for this and they also ignore this . meanwhile they just keep adding interest and I am at a loss what to do .I did send my original receipt back to them as they told me they would need it to make a claim so I sent it back my recorded post in march. Then was told suddenly that I need to make my own claim, I have lost count of how many times I have explained I could not as they had this receipt and until this day they still have it. but all they would say to me is make your own claim.
this is causing me stress and worry