skydiving voucher refund advise needed

ritchie50

Mar 30, 2013
I received a skydiving voucher as a very misguided birthday present. There is not a snowball's chance in hell of me using it. it was purchased 2 days ago. I informed the company at day three to refund the purchaser and cancel the voucher. The entire purchase was made online. Do the distance purchase regulations apply as and a refund eligible, given they were informed with a 7 day time frame....despite them saying its non refundable??

Can anyone advise.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
One of the exemptions from the DSR's is leisure activities so sadly they are right, you do not have any rights to cancel under the DSR's.

I'm not sure why these exemptions exist, but they do limit the activities to those booked for a certain frame or time period so if your voucher has not for a specific date or has no set period (which I supect it will) then you may have a case but I think these companies know exactly what they need to do to exempt their bookings.

Sorry there isn't any better news for you.

ritchie50

Mar 30, 2013
dear Witch,
many thanks for a speedy reply, much appreciated. It is an open voucher, so I'll try appealing to their conscience .

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
If it's open with no date limit then you haven't got a problem, send them this:

Contracts to which only part of these Regulations apply

6.—(1)*Regulations 7 to 20 shall not apply to a contract which is a “timeshare agreement” within the meaning of the Timeshare Act 1992
(1) and to which that Act applies.
(2)*Regulations 7 to 19(1) shall not apply to—
(a)contracts for the supply of food, beverages or other goods intended for everyday consumption supplied to the consumer’s residence or to his workplace by regular roundsmen; or
(b)contracts for the provision of accommodation, transport, catering or leisure services, where the supplier undertakes, when the contract is concluded, to provide these services on a specific date or within a specific period.(3)*Regulations 19(2) to (8) and 20 do not apply to a contract for a “package” within the meaning of the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992(2) which is sold or offered for sale in the territory of the Member States.

Last edited: