Splash spa's Mspa warranty hassle!

LadyRochford

Jul 9, 2012
Splash spa's who is the UK dealer of the inflatable hot tubs from China. And I have had one of their products for about 3 years now (3 seperate hot tubs) as the first two broke after 8 months and the third one has now gone the same way...again after 8 months.
I use this for my chronic back pain and when they do work they are excellent. But "Splashspa's" customer service is one of the worst I have even known!
I had hassle with them the first two that broke, so stupidly I bit the bullet and just bought another one, selling the broke one on ebay for spare or repair.
Now its happened again, and still within the 12 months warranty for electrial faults, which mine is (the air blower has broke)
I have called and sent emails, just to be passed off and ignored, apart from a curt email from themselves advising me to take the thing apart myself, with instructions on how to do it, and send the part back to them for repair.
Now my warranty will be void if I make some mistake trying to remove the unit, and I am no electrition. Today I told them I could not remove the unit and they said I would have to go to the huge expense of sending the whole spa (weighs a ton!) back to them for the said repair. To add insult to injury they also said if my spa is damaged in transit, I must pay an £85 waiver to them.
I have worked in customer service all my life and if I had treated a customer so shoddily, I would have been sacked!
Any idea's anyone?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
The internet has made it so easy to buy and import all sorts of goods from China, from fake designer clothes to...well...spa's.

You do have a choice here, if they refuse to return it and repair it at their cost and your convenience, you can get it repaired and charge them.

Get a quote locally and send it to them and tell them that is what you intend to do if they don't act, if they refuse to pay, take them to the small claims court to recover the cost of the repair.

So easy to make a nice profit from importing cheap goods.....until they start going wrong.

LadyRochford

Jul 9, 2012
Thanks for the reply and so very true!

Its annoying as the quality of the hot tubs is actually very good...its just the terrible follow up service that splashspa's dont provide. They seem to pride themselves on this 12 months warranty thing, but when it comes to using it, they make it so frustraitingly difficult.
I have even been on to their head office in Shanghai too, who were a bit more helpfull!
I wish I could find somewhere locally to have it fixed (I am in Northampton and their company is based in Hampshire) as I dont drive. and as this has happened 3 times now I am very reluctant to buy another...I am just slutching at straws really, in the hope if I keep emailing and calling them, they may just help. But so far this has not been happend!
Wonders if there are any lovely folks here who are decent electritions?
:D