Three Contract Return

hp360

Oct 24, 2012
Hi there.

Not sure if this is in the right place so apologies if not..
On the 8th of October I purchased an iPad 3 contract with Three UK (£29pm and £99 upfront).

The item was delivered to me on the 10th of October.

Apple have now released an iPad 4 and obviously I am not very happy seeing as I've owned it two weeks and have barely even had time to use it yet. But regardless to that.

I have looked at their returns procedure and it seems if you have the item 14 days you can return it but their returns page stipulates that the item must be new and unused and even removing the cellophane off of an apple product is classing it as used.

I thought under the DSR I was allowed to return it?

The iPad has not one cosmetic blemish on it and I have all of the packaging.

Am I right in thinking I can send this back within their 14 day return period + DSR irregardless of their 'new' and 'unused' request?

I don't have 10 posts so can't link to their returns page, but google three returns.

It states:

If you want to return or exchange your device, it must be in “as new” and "unused" condition, without any damage or marks. It must be returned with all packaging, manuals, accessories and any free gifts that came with it.

Unfortunately, if we get a device sent back to us that doesn’t meet these criteria we won’t be able to accept it and it will be returned to you. If we accept a device back from you, but it doesn’t meet these criteria we reserve the right to charge you a fee to restore its condition to new. Details of these fees are available upon request

AND

When we say:

- “Used” we mean making or receiving calls (both voice and video) or texts or browsing the internet from your device. If you’ve bought an Apple device from us, this includes removing the cellophane wrapping or registering your device to iTunes by connecting it to a computer.

- “As new” condition we mean that the device, packaging, manuals, accessories and any free gifts that came with the device must be complete and free of any damage or marks.

I am just looking for advice really from anyone in the know - hopefully today as today is the last day and they close at 10pm!

PS. I ordered on their website.

Thank you for taking your time to read my request.