Viagogo

Rod S

Jan 21, 2012
So they have an appaling press on the internet but I had no choice....

Despite paying nearly three times the face value of the tickets 6 weeks ago, and my credit card being debited immediately, I got an email three days ago - 8 days before the venue date - saying the tickets weren't available but under their "guarantee" I could have alternative "equal or better"....

What they offered was far worse and actually selling on their site at less than 1/3 the price I paid.

The only spare tickets in the block I had paid for were now nearly 50% more than I paid so it's no wonder they wanted to screw me for the much cheaper seats.

So I tried to say no....

Every contact email address they lead me to is invalid.

I have nearly 30 rejected emails from all their various addresses.

I really don't want to pay (premium rate) phone calls to be put on hold for an hour or more, so should I just deal with my credit card company or try the Small Claims Court.

Viagogo are registered in Switzerland and have (obviously) ignored my request for a UK address....

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Credit card for the first option assuming you paid more than £100, it's far quicker than going through the scc and it's free.

If you send them the rejected emails as evidence you shouldn't have a problem getting this money back.

Rod S

Jan 21, 2012
Yes, Credit Card company is obvious first choice but only covers Viagogo ticket costs.

Not the train fares already paid (luckily no overnight hotels this time) but none of the other costs incurred arranging this day away.....

I just wonder how symthatetic to all my other losses the SCC would be ???

But, more importantly, how many other bad (or good) experiences with Viagogo ???