Water Meters

Skippy

Jun 3, 2012
I have a water meter fitted and my bill is about £150 per month. I have asked my water company to remove the meter. It was put in this old house, by the previous owners, and as i didn't request it, i think i should be able to have it removed. But the water company are refusing to remove it.

Does anybody know if i can do anything about this.

Thanks.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
No there is nothing you can do to get the meter removed you can only control your use of water to reduce your bill, if you are sure the meter is reading correctly and the bills are accurate.

If a house doesn't have a meter installed, there is no obligation to install one but if a house already has one, they are not obliged to remove it.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Furthermore, cold water meters (for their full name), can be inspected by trading standards officers upon request,
Also have you checked for leaks? (turn all water supplies off and see if the meter reading changes over 10 minutes)
If your water meter is inaccurate, a TSO can obliterate the stamp and chase up the water company to repair/replace - though generally they replace.
Hope this helps