What are my rights with this??

msheppard21

Oct 2, 2012
I made a transaction on the 5th September for two tower scaffolds from a said company.

The original order was arranged for next day delivery. The delivery was not completed on the 6th so on the 7th I contacted the office and spoke to a representative. They assured me that the scaffolds would be delivered on Tuesday 11th and said that a refund of £70 would be made on the sale due to scaffold hire costs at that point. This refund was not made.
The delivery was not completed on the 11th. I contacted the office and was faced with rude staff, inconsistent dialogue and complete incompetence to summarise. I was informed that all the scaffold would be delivered on the 13th. Four wheels arrived on the 13th. Stabilisers and more wheels arrived on the 14th. I rang on the 14th to cancel the order and get a refund. I was refused!
The remaining items arrived on the 18th. The scaffold components consisted of various scaffold towers including double width and single, platforms without entrance hatches. A complete mess. I contacted the office and spoke to another rep, refusing the delivery and this time demanding a refund, which I should have been granted earlier. They assured me that a refund would be made immediately.
An email was sent to me on the 19th confirming that the refund had been made following me calling your office again to check. No refund was made which they confirmed when I rang the office on the 24th. I was informed that the only person in the office who was authorised to undertake refunds was on leave till the 26th. This left me no choice but to instruct an independent debt retrieval company to collect the money.
The returned funds cleared on the 28th.

This company is a joke and it is quite frankly appalling. My question is can I seek damages for the time/labour and extra hire costs?? I have seen on the site that they have T&C's but they do not match to the sales of goods act and they have blatantly no idea how to do business legally. Can anyone impart advice on this please!! Thanks.

msheppard21

Oct 2, 2012
Hi Witch customer, thanks for the reply but what I'm asking is different to your answer. I have received a refund, I'm looking to get damages/funds back for the hire costs and time/labour spent sorting out the mess. I have incurred about £500 in costs and look to file for small claims. Am I in a position to proceed??