Wrong item in Package

denisefowler

May 13, 2012
Please could someone help me. I ordered some items from my Freemans catalogue, namely a valance platform for my daughters bed along with quite a few other items. When they arrived, I checked the packaging off against the delivery note, unwrapped everything and then proceeded to wash all the bedding so that it could be used (they feel horrible if used straight from the packaging).

It was when I was ironing them that I noticed that they had not sent a valanced sheet, but a plain flat sheet instead. I then went and got the packaging back out of the bins and rechecked for a flat sheet, thinking that maybe I had read it wrong, but it did state valance sheet.

I contacted Freemans and told them what had happened and they said that because I had washed it, I could not return it, even thought they had sent me the wrong item in the wrong package.

How do I stand on this? It is not the cost as I think they were only £17 (still enough for me not to want to reorder) but it is the principal. Do I have any legs to stand on?

Thanks for reading