Some predict that unleaded fuel will reach £1.50 per litre in September, unless the Government caves in to the mounting pressure to reduce fuel taxes and duties. So what can you do in the meantime to reduce your fuel bill?
- Shop locally, rather than driving to the super store and try to walk. This has the added advantage of supporting your local economy.
- When on the motorway drive at 60mph, which is the most efficient speed for most vehicles.
- Don’t use roof racks unless absolutely necessary as these increase drag and increase your fuel costs.
- Select the right gear for the road conditions, obvious really.
- Check your tyre pressure, as under inflated tyres will increase your fuel bill.
- Try not to use your air-conditioning, opening windows was fine for us all in the past.
- All those gadgets running off the cigarrette lighter all add to your fuel consumption. It is much cheaper to charge them at home.
- Try to find someone to ride share with. Could you and your neighbour both go shopping at the same time and take it in turns to drive.
Got any other tips, add them below.