Estate agent false advertising?

D4BV2

Nov 13, 2015
So my girlfriend and I have just bought a house for £300,000. We haven't moved in yet as we are waiting to sign contracts still.

The estate agent we bought it from has now posted a leaflet through doors in the nearby area saying:

THE ROAD NAME, TOWN
£300,000
PICTURE OF THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE
SOLD
ABOVE ASKING PRICE WITHIN 3 DAYS

Now, I know I probably have no right to the advertisement as i'm technically not the owner of the house. But, in this leaflet it clearly states it sold for over the asking price, when it didn't. It sold FOR the asking price, so isn't this technically false advertising that I can report?

Also, buying a house is a very private thing. At no point have we said or signed anything that allows them to share how much we bought the house for. So do I have any say in that? Surely they should have approached me first?

Edit: Finally, they've said the house has SOLD but technically it hasn't. It's STC as no one has signed any contracts. So isn't that false advertising as well?

Am I right in any of this? Or am I way off and I actually have no say whatsoever, and it's not false advertising either...?

Any help clearing this up for me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Darren

JPiper

Mar 9, 2016
The price you paid for the house will be listed anyway. Anyone can find this information out.
As to the flyer does it really matter? We all know how dodgy estate agents are.