Hi from Kenny

Kenny

Apr 2, 2010
I have just registered and am seeking some advice. I bought a 37" Panasonic plasma TV two and a half years ago. All was well untill recently the TV goes into standby all by itself. When I bought the TV I was given a card to fill in for registering for a free five year extended warranty. Unfortunately I did not infill this form or send it off. I contacted Panasonic who advised that this being the case they were sorry but the TV is not under warrenty. I was checking the life expectancy for TV's and find that this is 5 to 7 years. Do I have any rights to go back to the manufacturer and have the TV repaired?

Many thanks for reading this and I would appreciate any advice or help.

Regards

Kenny

homara

Sep 4, 2009
Hi Kenny...as far as I'm aware , the burden of proof now lies with yourself ie. after six months ownership you need to prove (by means of an electronics engineer's report or similar) that the item is faulty and that responsibility for repair, replacement or refund lies with the seller. If the item had developed a problem within the first six months of ownership, the burden of proof would have rested with the seller. The extended warranty, which you failed to complete, would have obviously provided you with protection over and above your usual consumer rights.

The above information is offered in good faith but I don't have a legal background so there will undoubtedly be gaps in the detail. Why don't you contact Consumer Direct on the number provided above? I've found them useful in the past. Good luck.