Advice needed re car accident

ginger4603

Apr 9, 2010
Hi all

I would like some advice and guidance on a reply letter to a solicitors letter that my friend received... ok heres the story;

her son had an accident in a car park... he reversed out of a spot and a car was coming behind his (wrong way round the car park)... they both collided.. My friends son paid the other person £200 for the damage and got him to sign a statment to state that no other money would be requested regarding the repair of the car.

they have now received a solicitors letter regarding whiplash.. the other person now claims that he has whiplash (yet hasnt been off sick, drives a fork lift truck at the company).

I really need help on responding to this solicitors demands.... my friend is at her wits end and cannot afford a solictor to act on their behalf...

many thanks
jo

Sigma

May 20, 2010
All you needed to have done was change Name and address from the other party.
Was it a private car park i/e C.C.T.V in operation.
But i am at a loss why he paid this person £200, when he was'nt to blame
But i would go to Citizens Advice to put your mind at rest.

sparkle eyes

Jul 18, 2010
Surely the lads insurance company would deal with it, he would only have to cover the costs if he was third party and found at fault. I suggest that they contact their insurance company and get advice. As the amount they paid over, he could always say that he paid it as he felt under pressure to do so, but was aware that he needed to get some kind of receipt.