Currys LG Dead Stuck pixel

roboff

Apr 29, 2010
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum and to be honest im a little hacked off! :mad:

I purchased a LG 42" TV on the 6th April which cost me £500 (down from £800). As i was moving house i didnt open and set the TV up unitil this weeked 24/06 and after installing freewview etc i noticed that there is a dead/stuck (red) pixel right of centre.

I have contacted the store who put me in contact with the tech guys who have been no help whatsoever saying that this is not covered. I then visited the store who also said this isnt covered.

Im stotting mad as they have sold me a TV in this condition and are are doing nothing about it. I had a word with the customer services manager who explained that there is nothing they can do, he also said that he would sell any TV in store with a "red dot" in the middle after i quizzed him on their policy which i found baffling.

Im waiting on a call back from consumer direct to see where i stand.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this and could offer me any advice?

Cheers

mick1

Jul 15, 2010
Hi,

I'm as pi****d off as yourself I bought a LG 50" Plasma from Currys in April.

Last Saturday the screen cracked from one side to the other all I got was we will collect the TV and repair it.

The store refused to exchange it because it was over 28 days old, after looking in to this it seems the customer as the right to an replacement TV or refund if under 6 months old.

Perhaps worth seeing the store manager and quoting your rights.