new user car dealer problems

ethan007

May 4, 2010
Hi everyone

Hope someone can advise me on a issue thats come up

This week my daughter just traded her car in at a dealership(hp finance cleared by dealer), now her new 2nd user car (bought with extended warranty and new HP agreement)has developed a fault with the clutch on day of collection making it undrivable. been looking online and it seems she has the right to reject the car because of this fault. is this correct. Informed the dealer of this and they are having none of it, they say they will fix the car for her, but she has lost all confidence in it now after it broke down the same day she collected it.
The dealership are saying the extended warranty cannot be cancelled and same applies with the GAP insurance and HP agreement. The dealership seem reluctant to release the names of the HP agreement company they used also.
I would be very grateful if anyone can tell me her rights in respect to rejecting this car cancelling all the HP agreements and getting her old car returned which is still sitting in dealership untouched.or point me in the right direction for me info on how to approach this matter