Property values

DaveSmith

May 17, 2010
Hello, this is my first post and as a former property professional thought i would impart a few tricks of the trade to fellow members regarding the ways and means that mortgage lenders, estate agents , valuers and lawyers use the internet to to carry out their jobs.

Most of the web resources that they use online are free - if anyone is interested i will list a few good ones. Here is the first.

Most valuers and mortgage lenders use sophisticated software that aggregates data on property sales and market data. They will then apply (and this is the clever bit) complex algorythms to the data to prodcue shockingly accurate property valuations. These are called AVMs, which is short for Automated Valuation Models.

once i have the 10 posts i need i will post the link

DaveSmith

May 17, 2010
Hello,

Should you wish to value a property online using an automated property valuation as used by a mortgage lender there are many available.

The best one in my humble opinion is from obligo.co.uk, its called PriceMyPlace, and does not require payment or any kind of registration.

wentworthfs

Oct 10, 2012
Have a look at zoopla's sold price link, they'll give you an estimated value, plus also list the actual sold prices from HMLR since 1995. very useful site, free of charge and you do not have to register.